miércoles, 24 de diciembre de 2008

Mi papaíto querido x 2

The Berlin Concert - Live from the Waldbühne
Anna Netrebko
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTltPfALLL8&feature=related


Anna Netrebko:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWr-TCiQAks&feature=related

O mio babbino caro

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


O mio babbino caro (Oh my dear papa) is an aria from the opera Gianni Schicchi (1918) by Giacomo Puccini (music) and Giovacchino Forzano (libretto). It is sung by Lauretta after tensions between Schicchi and his prospective in-laws have reached a breaking point that threatens to separate her from Rinuccio, the boy she loves. It provides a contrasting interlude expressing lyrical simplicity and single-hearted love in the atmosphere of hypocrisy, jealousy, double-dealing and feuding in medieval Florence of Puccini's only comedy, and it provides the only set-piece in the through-composed conversational musical give-and-take.

Among the more famous sopranos who have performed this aria are Frances Alda, Maria Callas, Victoria de los Angeles, Montserrat Caballé, Joan Hammond, Anna Netrebko, Dame Kiri Te Kanawa, Dame Elisabeth Schwarzkopf, Angela Gheorghiu, Sarah Brightman, Renée Fleming, and Renata Tebaldi.

Libretto

Italian
Translation in English

O mio babbino caro
Mi piace è bello, bello
Vo' andare in Porta Rossa
a comperar l'anello!
Sì, sì, ci voglio andare!
e se l'amassi indarno,
andrei sul Ponte Vecchio,
ma per buttarmi in Arno!
Mi struggo e mi tormento!
O Dio, vorrei morir!
Babbo, pietà, pietà!
Babbo, pietà, pietà!

O my dear papa
I like him, he is handsome, handsome
I want to go to Porta Rossa
to buy the ring!
Yes, yes, I want to go there!
And if my love were in vain,
I would go to the Ponte Vecchio
and throw myself in the Arno!
I am aching, I am tortured!
Oh God, I'd like to die!
Father, have pity, have pity!
Father, have pity, have pity!

No hay comentarios: